Casinos have always been associated with secret agents and detectives. Thus, it is no wonder to see many of the James Bond movies are well known for their Casio scenes. The action-packed movies never cease to impress and entertain. And, one must agree, Bond appears even more enigmatic and mysterious in a casino! Apart from offering the viewers with a glimpse of a luxurious setting of a casino, one also gets to see the gambling side of the Bond and his skills. Read on to lend about some of the most popular Bond movies with famous casino scenes.
- James Bond in DR. NO (1962) is shown playing at the fictional Le Cercle Casino in London. He is playing Chemin-de-fer at a card table. It is while playing at the casino that he notices the “Bond girl,” and introduces himself.
- Diamonds Are Forever (1971) shows Bond heading towards a craps table at a fictional casino Whyte House, in Las Vegas. The casino is named after a mysterious casino owner, Willard Whyte. This is the only movie where Bond makes the most out of playing craps and wins $65,000.
- In Thunderball (1965), James Bond is at a casino in Nassau in the Bahamas, and here he is playing a card game with the villain Emilio Largo. This is a memorable casino scene where the game changes quickly into a public battle of wits.
- Bond is shown at a casino in Macau in the Man with the Golden Gun (1974). However, Bond doesn’t play any casino game here. He just follows someone who is there to collects a shipment of golden bullets at the casino. The casino in Macau is as alluring as the casinos as Betfair New Jersey.
- Casino Royale (2006) features the most casino scenes as the name of this Bond film suggests. In fact, playing casino games is important to the plot, and there are several games of Texas Hold’em in the movie. Bond plays casino games with the primary villain of the movie.
- Another movie where Bond makes a prominent appearance in a casino is Goldeneye (1995), and the casino is Casino de Monte-Carlo in Monaco. Bond beats the lovely Russian agent during the casino scene which is actually several minutes long. The game is important as it creates suspense and highlights the tension between the two players.
- Skyfall (2012) film boasts of the most stunning casino scene. The scene is shot at the Floating Dragon Casino in Macau, and the real delight is the scenery. There are super tall dragons and 300 floating lanterns that create a fairy-tale setting. The visual are simply breathtaking, and the casino scene indeed makes one of the memorable moments in the movie.
- The movie – On Her Majesty’s Secret Service (1969) features a casino scene filmed in the Casino Estoril in Portugal. Bond meets Contessa Teresa di Vicenzo in the scene, and he rescues her as she makes a risky wager at the roulette tables.
Whether Bond plays the casino games or not, he definitely emerges a big winner every time, even if he does take some heavy losses.